Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's 1/6/11 and I'm up.

Thanks, Ambien [and God!] for my rest. 

The first thing to pop into my head as I woke up today was how much I must resemble Giselle Bündchen. Not everyday Giselle; Giselle in that photo shot by Mario Testino for Vanity Fair where she's laying naked on a bed in The Plaza Hotel in NYC. 

As I toss my eye mask [that reads, "F*&% You!] over the side of my bed, I mull over the mild differences between us. She's Brazilian; I'm British. She's blonde; I'm not. She's at The Plaza; in my home I am the housekeeping department. If I could look beyond that and the fact that I'm a 6'2" male of African/West Indian decent, I could actually buy my own crap about our having even a slight resemblance.

Me Giselle Bündchen shot by Mario Testino for Vanity Fair's May 2009 issue