Monday, January 10, 2011

Emmanuelle Alt Has Stolen My Job!

If January is any indication, 2011 is the year I sit back and watch my dream jobs get stolen from right under me. First Blake coerced Karl into choosing her as the official ambassador for Chanel's mademoiselle handbag line. Now, Condé Nast has decided to choose Emmanuelle Alt as the new Editor In Chief of French Vogue. That sucks - for me.



We all speculated that Alt would be appointed to the post after the sudden resignation of her predecessor, Carine Roitfeld. Still I hoped that Condé Nast would see my potential [via the thousands of handwritten letters I mailed them]. Surprise - they didn't!



Emmannuelle has styled editorials for Balenciaga, Balmain, Gucci + Isabel Marant and has worked at French Vogue for over a decade. I guess she is a bit more qualified than me.